Lung Check up
Reasons to have a lung checkup done:
- If you’re smoker
- If you used to be a smoker
- If a close relative (parent or sibling) of yours is diagnosed with a lung disease (like lung cancer, asthma, COPD, ILD etc.)
- If you’re coughing for some time now and you don’t know why
- If you’re short of breath in unexpected situations
- If you want to be sure …
Please note: This is not an offer for patients with lung or cancer diseases.
A lung checkup at Thoraxklinik Heidelberg requires just one day and includes:
- A CT-scan of the lung (if indicated)
- Complete lung function testing
- Special blood count
- Doppler ultrasonography
- Consultation with a senior pulmologist
How to proceed:
You send an email to thoraxklinik.international(at)med.uni-heidelberg.de with your requested appointment date and your passport copy as an attachment.
You get an email from us with the confirmation of your requested appointment date or (if this is not possible) the offer of another appointment date plus the cost estimate (2000 euros).
Prepayment. We offer the following payment options: Bank transfer (please email a SWIFT copy to thoraxklinik.international(at)med.uni-heidelberg.de), credit card, cash.
- Appointment . If the results are negative, congratulations! If there seems to be a problem, our doctors will take care of it.